Sign in to follow this  
Softy

nissan v8 supercar revealed

The thing is the gtr dose not qualfy because it needs to be a 4 door vehical

Great idea im sure more people will watch the V8's because of Nissan entering, i know i sure will be.

I'll watch too but I'm sure as shit not supporting the Kelly wankers, wouldn't support them even if they were in a GTR flogging all the supertaxis like the early 90s.

how bout a 4dr gtr. jks.. has to be a production based car.

hopefully the engine will be based on the vk45de from the v8 r35 in jgtc. but again. wont happen. has to production based engine as well.

itll be very interesting to see what nissan willl come up with.

If they stick with current V8SC engine technology then perhaps the Kelly boys could use a Nissan President engine from back in the dinosaur age of SOHC pushrod lumps.

This is gonna be a flop. Coz it want be a so "different" car from the current falcores.

But we'll wait and see the announcements.

Why dont they just sticker up a falcon with nissan colours, pretty much what it will be anyway.

What falcon bits are used on a v8sc falcon? Head lights? I don't think Nissan will use them.

all the people complaining that it wont be a "real nissan" think of it this way, Just say they let in the custom built, GT-r, AWD, turbo blah blah blah, the new Godzilla of racing, what do you honestly thing will happen?

It will either crash or win, ratings will drop, sure you will watch it for a while, but eventually you WILL get sick of knowing the outcome of the race before it even happens, you WILL stop watching it. heck the only time

you will even care about the V8 Supercars is when someone does the whole jap crap thing and you will say " Yeah who won the last v8 race?"

10 or so years ago when HRT was at the top of its game and skaife consistantly won, it only took one season for people to get bored with it, he had the best car and the skill set to win, so he did, over and over.

no one wants to see one car win by 10, 15, 45 seconds over and over.

Need to look at this as a door opening for all kinds of motorsport, Nissan putting their foot in the door of the Main racing field in Australia could potentially filter down into all aspects,

the Boss of v8's has said there will be no more then 5 manufacturers allowed in, be thankfull that Nissan has put its hand up to be one of them. I can only imagine the posts on this forum if they had not.

"They excluded Nissan because they knew it would dominate"

"all Bogans new they could not compete"

all the people complaining that it wont be a "real nissan" think of it this way, Just say they let in the custom built, GT-r, AWD, turbo blah blah blah, the new Godzilla of racing, what do you honestly thing will happen?

It will either crash or win, ratings will drop, sure you will watch it for a while, but eventually you WILL get sick of knowing the outcome of the race before it even happens, you WILL stop watching it. heck the only time

you will even care about the V8 Supercars is when someone does the whole jap crap thing and you will say " Yeah who won the last v8 race?"

10 or so years ago when HRT was at the top of its game and skaife consistantly won, it only took one season for people to get bored with it, he had the best car and the skill set to win, so he did, over and over.

no one wants to see one car win by 10, 15, 45 seconds over and over.

2 things bug me about v8 racing today. 1 v8 supercars these days are sooo far from the road going cars and 2 all these restrictions and control parts mean there is little room for any development and innovation. It used to be the whole idea of win on a sunday sell on a monday. You could buy the cars that were raced and if you had the money you could buy a lot of the parts too. Look at when the audi s1 was released into group b rallying. They slaughtered everyone in the competition and over the years the others lifted thier game and improved thier designs until they were competitive. And the public benefited from the awd systems adapted into the road going cars.

One of the most valuable loved fords in Aus history is the xy gtho. A car with a monster v8 that was the fastest 4 door in the world at the time because thats what it took to win. And the 351 is a classic engine that then went on to be enjoyed by the public. Hell even my old 86 corolla has a twincam 16v efi engine with irs and 4 wheel discs which other pleb hatchs didnt have at the time and some cars dont even have today, but they were there because it meant they dominated thier class of racing at the time.

The old gtr's dominated because they were awd turbo sports cars which then publically became legendary and are still desirable. But instead of playing catch up to the superior technology they booted everyone else out and kept thier ancient technology alive to this day. If they put a 35 gtr in and it slaughtered everything again then it would give ford and holden a much overdue wake up call IMO. One that's probably way too late. 35 gtr's sale numbers would increase and people would want to buy bits like the racing guys use. Fords and Holdens performance models wouldn't sell and our car industry would suffer even further for the same reason it has been already. Because we failed to keep up with the competition and the markets changing needs.

Edited by S3 TRXTC

COTF requires a control chassis; all cars will be the same so the Nissan will be a rear wheel drive too.

my predictions:

Nissan will use an Altima body to coincide with the replacement of the Maxima in Australia in 2013.

It will either use existing VH series Nissan V8s which will be tuned "under a parity system" to be similar to the other manufacturers or they will use just use Chev V8s.

Chrysler will likely enter as well with the 2nd gen 300C which will use the same motor as the Commodores.

Nissan will have one or two half decent teams in the first year with mixed results. They will be properly competitive the next year or two.

Over the next 10 years there will be a shift towards a more diverse field that will eventually include V6 and maybe even 4cyl cars racing together in one or more classes. This will be a result of the public becoming more comfortable with smaller cars as V8 sales slide due to higher petrol and running costs. Many of the new smaller cars will have a road car equivalent made locally.

Firstly,.. I love this announcement, and for the first time ever, I'll support Kelly racing.

but one question,.. those that know the rules may be able to tell me,..

for nissan to enter v8sc, do they need to make a production V8 vehicle available for sale to the australian market?

or can they just make a v8 supercar,.. and only have 4 and 6 cyl cars available for purchase to the australian public?

^ For a manufacturer to enter V8SC under COTF regs they must have a current model 4dr. Doesn't have to be a RWD or V8, so Nissan can use Altima as a the lookalike they'll base the race car on.

No quad or dual cams... Sigh its still a one horse race...

V8 super taxis must be holding on by a arse hair if they are going to this extreme

mmm keen for the nissans to kick the supertaxies and then rub it in dads face :hypo:

Ah i think i'll just get excited when nissan build a rwd v8 road car...

because it will kick all bogan asses

watched the v8's today, nismo is saying they are entering 4 cars next year

yes they are

I got some info from a kelly brothers mechanic that obviously there I control chassis, brakes, tyre, transaxle etc but it WILL be powered by a Nissan Alloy v8. Rick has been to Japan to meet with Nissan and apparently had 3 engines to choose from, which he has picked the optimal engine for the category.

I got some info from a kelly brothers mechanic that obviously there I control chassis, brakes, tyre, transaxle etc but it WILL be powered by a Nissan Alloy v8. Rick has been to Japan to meet with Nissan and apparently had 3 engines to choose from, which he has picked the optimal engine for the category.

And apparently they have the full backing of Nismo for the engines development.