Sign in to follow this  
DriftAddict

Nissan Silvia Indicators

No they didn't come from factory.

The side indicators are usually put on when the cars are complied in Australia.

And the standard parker/indicators are blacked out like shown in your avatar.

This doesn't always happen. My car doesn't have the side indicators.

^thats correct.

although in my car the lenses aren't blacked out they just dont have the bulbs in them.

And on my brothers old silvia, a CA back in like 2001 he didnt have the side repeaters on the side of the car added by compliance, his were untouched from the factory so his 'side indicators' things were in the headlights like they are suppose to be. Maybe they didnt do it when they first started importing them?

Mine has the side indicators. They don't work though im pritty sure..

ok if they did so a 91 model s13 would have not come out with side indicators..

Only when it was imported to Aus

Correct ?

Mines a 91 S13 and it doesn't have the little side indicators its still got the corner ones on the headlights I always wondered this because my mates NA one has his blacked out and the side ones put in and he said it was for compliance so they must get lazy on a few and miss them.

mine had the ones behind the front wheels and the bulbs taken out of the front corner ones. the other week I ripped out the crappy ones on the sides because the lenses twisted off and were crap. i covered the holes with electrical tape for now and put bulbs in the front corners. to me, it just makes more sense this way.

i was just wondering about this actually, does this mean that i could theoretically remove the side indicators? of course they'd have to be bogged up and resprayed, but would it be somewhat 'legal' to do so?

i was just wondering about this actually, does this mean that i could theoretically remove the side indicators? of course they'd have to be bogged up and resprayed, but would it be somewhat 'legal' to do so?

doubt cops would know seeing that there are soo many without side indicators (1/4 panels)

as long as you have the side indicators, i see no problem, but don't quote me

yer u can take them off.. I did mines a 91 and had them on but they didnt work anyway vso why not?

my 91 silvia just has the ones on the side of the parkers like factory and i have never had any trouble

curious, i thought only the 180s had the side indicators. all the guards i've been looking at lately had those and came from 180s. you learn something new everyday :lol:

All Silvias had the indicators in the parker lights (next to the head lights) from factory, but the side indicators you speak of are added during compliance.

I have had three S13 Silvias, two had them, one didn't. Depends how anal the compliance workshop is, I guess. However, the two that had them were complied under SEVS, one was complied under the pre-1989 rule...